- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Don't wash the seeds and don't dry them.
- Remove the stringy innards of a small to medium-sized pumpkin.
- Separate seeds and spread evenly on a cookie sheet, lightly salt or season if desired.
Optional: Place seeds in saucepan with 2-3 Tblsp olive oil, dash salt, sprinkling of garlic powder. Place on medium heat and stir until well coated, then separate seeds and spread evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven.
- Within 15 minutes, the seeds will begin popping.
- Shortly after the popping starts turn over the seeds.
- Cook for another five minutes or until seeds pop vigorously.
- Remove trays from oven, allow seeds to cool, pack in airtight container.
Note: Pumpkin seeds may lose their crunch after a few weeks. To restore them, just toast for a few minutes in oven.
Discard remaining innards into compost pile, scoop out pumpkin and steam. Follow directions for your favourite recipe for pumpkin pie/tarts using nutmeg, cinnamon, powdered cloves, or try Pumpkin Chiffon Desert.